Saturday, June 2, 2012

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu


While on a visit to London, Nicole--who goes by Cole--experiences a strange vision and by chance, runs into Griffon at the Tower of London, a boy who knows exactly what Cole is going through. They meet again in San Francisco and when they do, romance will spark and Cole will learn much, much more about her former lives. Not only that, but a rogue Akhet (someone who remembers their past lives) is out for revenge and their target? It's Cole.

There's something about C.J. Omololu's writing style that I absolutely love. It flows so nicely and to be honest, I got swept up in Transcendence. I loved how Cole's visions of her past lives came on and how it's simply that some people can remember their past lives and those that can are known as Akhet. Actually, I have a feeling that it's much more complicated than that, but I feel like we didn't get too much of their (Akhet) background and I'm really hoping that the next book will elaborate on it--there's a society that's really only been mentioned briefly in Transcendence. I mean, it's mentioned, but I personally would've liked more of it.

As for Cole, I quite liked her. She'd rather figure things out for herself and she's not really willing to accept things automatically--okay, with one big exception, but to accept that particular thing makes sense. Not only that, but she feels bad about--er, I probably shouldn't tell you that. Let's just say that she feels like remembering her past lives is a bit like cheating. Then there's Griffon, who is half African American and half Caucasian (you'll meet his father early on), and I can't say that I'm in love with him just yet. I mean, I like him and he has Cole's best interests at heart, but, well, you'll see. Let's just say that the next book ought to be interesting. Veronique was also a very interesting character and as to why that was, well, you'll have to read Transcendence to find that out.

So in case you couldn't tell, I really did enjoy Transcendence and I'm so, so happy that there's going to be another book because Transcendence has left me with a ton of questions--and I'd like answers for them. If you enjoy books that involve reincarnation, then definitely pick up a copy of Transcendence!

Overall Rating: ★★★★ and a half.

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu
Publisher: Walker & Company
Release Date: June 5, 2012
Edition: e-ARC
* Received for review via publisher and NetGalley.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, thanks for the review! It sounds like a really good book :D And I will definitely take a look at this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...