Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

What can you expect from Wings of the Wicked? More action, more romantic tension, and a ton of plot development. Am I going to try to summarize it for you? Nope. Also, if you haven't read Angelfire yet and wish to read this series without spoilers, this would be a good time to scroll past this particular review--as it's for the second book.

I definitely enjoyed Wings of the Wicked more than I enjoyed Angelfire; which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy Angelfire, but that things are really starting to come together in Wings of the Wicked. I love that, while the actions scenes are detailed, they still manage to hold my attention--which is actually pretty rare in my case. And as for Will and Ellie's relationship? I won't say anything of great importance--because that'd mean spoilers--but I will say that Will proves himself to be extremely sweet and definitely prefer him for Ellie. (Okay, so maybe I'd like to keep Cadan for myself.)

Kate continues to be an awesome friend and you get to meet some new reapers--both of the angelic and demonic variety. Ellie faces some serious trials and yes, she continues to hold her own. And if you were intrigued by Cadan in Angelfire, rejoice! Why? Because you'll be seeing more of him in Wings of the Wicked. There's actually so much more that I could say, but again, spoilers. If you've read Angelfire and haven't picked up Wings of the Wicked yet, I'd definitely nudge you towards reading it.

As for me? Well, I'm looking forward to seeing how things end in Shadows in the Silence (which is currently scheduled to come out on January 29, 2013).

Overall Rating:  ★★★★ and a half.

Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Edition: Digital copy (Kindle)
* Purchased on my own.

3 comments:

  1. YAAAYYYY! :D I'm so glad to see you're enjoying this series! And eeeep, Cadan! <3 I love him so much! (I still swoon pretty hard over Will though. >-< He's too adorable!)

    Awesome review, Kristiiin! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSS. I am so, so glad you enjoyed WINGS OF THE WICKED! I love this one more than Angelfire, which like you, I enjoyed SO MUCH. It can only get better with Shadows! (hopefully!)

    great review, Kristin!

    Ashelynn @ gypsy book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first one so long ago... haven't touched this at all. I need to make time for it. Great review - definitely made me move this up on my TR list :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...