Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The TBR Stack and I

Alright, I know, I know, it's Wednesday and I've not yet reviewed anything this week. Why? Well, the short version of the story is that between class and NaNoWriMo ideas pouring out of my ears, I've been a bit slow. Er, well, by 'a bit' I mean really slow. Chances are, I will not be reviewing Bloodlines anytime soon due to the fact that the choppy sentences and British English spelling is (figuratively) killing me--more so the choppy sentences than the spelling though, as my inner editor kept trying to pull her hair out while I tried to get past the first chapter. That is not to say that I don't like British authors nor does it mean that if the spelling is British English I won't read it. It's simply that the choppy sentences do not flow at all and because of this, I can't get into the book.

On the upside, my review of Finding Sky by Joss Stirling (yes, a British author) should be going up later today! And then I'm diving into Extraordinary followed by Bright Young Things and then Nightshade. From there, well, we'll see how my 'to be read' stack looks. At the moment, it's five books and there are another four in the mail (yes, I've been book happy lately). ;D

1 comment:

  1. I actually really enjoyed bloodlines. I think the story is original and I had no problem reading it at all. I thought it flowed perfectly. I guess everyone has their own taste in writing and reading. But it is definately now one of my favourite stories, and I cant wait for the next one to come out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...