Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #50

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster

Summary via Goodreads:
The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.

Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.

Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life.

-----

Why am I looking forward to City of a Thousand Dolls? I honestly feel like the plot explains why I'm looking forward to it and the title is also pretty darn intriguing. (Did I mention the cover? I'm sort of in love with the cover. It's different, in a good way.)

City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster is published by HarperTeen, an imprint of HarperCollins, and its expected publication date is February 5, 2013. 


What are you waiting on this week? 
.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds so, so good---love a good strong protaganist! And the cover---amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds interesting never heard of this one, thanks!!

    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is most definitely being added to my TBR pile!! That cover reminds me of the gates Atreyu had to pass through in The Neverending Story - which is a definite plus!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about this book! I'm thrilled that fantasy is experiencing a revival in YA Literature, so the synopsis sounds great! Plus, the cover is gorgeous!(: Fantastic pick this week! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annnnnd, this book sounds AMAZING. Love the tones of non-Western mythology on the cover, too. Great pick.

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first thing I thought of when I saw the cover was that scene with the lazer-eyed sphinxes in The Neverending Story (film not book), which was totally cool. That book does sound really good, too—the "doll" aspect is really interesting.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the title, I have added this one to my TBR and I can't wait to read it. Great choice!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one does sound really good. I'm going to have to read this one. Great pick!

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Check out my giveaway for any book under $15

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so looking forward to this one! I did a cover interview with Miriam; she's so nice. :)

    my wow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...