Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BBAW: An Interview With Alex from A Girl, Books and Other Things

Today I have Alex from A Girl, Books and Other Things on the blog for a quick interview!

A Girl, Books & Other ThingsWhen you aren't blogging, what are you up to?
Well, I just started to work at a library part time, so books still take a big chunk of my non-reading time. But it's nice over all. Also, recently I got into baking, so at least two or three times a week I'm in the kitchen making cupcakes or cinnamon rolls. 

What inspired you to start blogging? Also, what do you love most about blogging?
I started blogging mostly because I didn't really have anyone to talk to about books. Some of my e-friends read, but we hardly ever liked the same books - as my tastes tend to be a bit fluffy - and of my 'real life' friends, no one was a big reader. So it was mostly about sharing the book love with other people. 

What I like the most about blogging is definitely discovering books I wouldn't know otherwise and the fact that it forces me to keep an schedule. 

 
What advice would you give new bloggers?
First, that blogging isn't one of those "if you build it, they will come" endeavors, you have to work to get the word out and it is a lot more work than what you thought at first.

Also, comment on other blogs with similar tastes to yours, it's the quickest, easiest way of networking; but make them meaningful comments, not just "Nice, come look at my blog"

Lastly, as much as we all love tinkering with our blogs to make them pretty and unique, deep down, it's all about the content.

If you could swap places with a book character, who would you choose? Why?
I think I would like to be a girl in a Meg Cabot novel, because they are always so funny. Maybe Meena Harper so I could be around Alaric Wulf all the time, or Suze Simon so I could be a cool ghost-busting girl. Someone like that.  Other than that, maybe Chloe in the Darkest Powers trilogy, because then I would have super charged necromancer powers and a hot, werewolf boyfriend.

If you could only take three books with you on vacation, which three would you choose?
 
Right now, I would take a romance novel (probably The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt, because I haven't re-read it in a while), then Overbite by Meg Cabot because I got it on my short TRB List and I just need and excuse to pick it up, and What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen because I bought the book earlier in the year but haven't found a way to squeeze it into my reading schedule.



----- 

Thanks so much to Alex for being my interviewee and definitely go swing by her blog today! :)

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Alex, Meg Cabot's novels would be so much fun to live in! Perhaps a tad dangerous, depending on the series, but seriously fun nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love libraries and baking! Great advice for new bloggers, especially regarding making meaningful comments...something to show you actually read the post. Thanks, Kristin, for introducing me to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Alex!

    I'd be stuck on what book I'd want to be in. There's so many fabulous books out there and Meg Cabot is only one of the awesome authors. I'd want to be Macy in The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen or Anna from Anna and the French Kiss or Lizzie from Queen of Babble (but the third book since she gets with my guy in that book, =P). There's so many to choose from.

    And only three books to take with me on a vacation? I'd take my nook and fill it up with every book that I love and want to read right now. I'm greedy like that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gr8 interview with good, sound, usable, advice.
    It is about networking .I agree. I have found that introducing myself and leaving sincere comments goes a long way. I don't want to be a Spam Queen and I don't want to be invisible either. It's hard as the new kid on the block. I have read a lot of other bloggers "blogging 101" posts to learn the in's and out's.
    I found you on the Indie Book Blog registry btw. I just signed up there today.
    Thank you for a gr8 article :)
    I ADORE cinna buns myself..yummy..I am hungry now..lolz..
    Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance-Books And Beyond
    Peace, Love, & Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for baking!

    Alex is awesome, and I've found some fabulous fluffy reads through her blog.

    And hip hip hooray for Meg Cabot love! Her novels would rock to live in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...