Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

This is--in all likelihood--going to be a pretty short review and it's not because I didn't love the book (because I definitely did), but because I don't want to give you any spoilers. However, to give you no spoilers, I'm going to have to limit my review to my overall impressions of the book without going into detail. If you've read Nightshade and Wolfsbane then you're already familiar with where Bloodrose begins and if you haven't read the first two books yet, read on at your own risk.

Things are tense in Bloodrose and although there is a bit of comedic relief, things are pretty somber. There are definitely some romantic scenes between Calla and Shay--and one that I particularly liked with Ren. But yes, she does make her choice in Bloodrose--but I'll let you learn about that on your own. The ending? Well, I'd say that it was pretty darn perfect. Seriously, I couldn't imagine it ending other way and as usual, the pacing was excellent. Andrea Cremer's writing style continues to keep me enthralled and I found myself getting lost in the story.

In short, Andrea Cremer has done it again and Bloodrose proves to be a thrilling conclusion to the Nightshade trilogy.

Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
Publisher: Philomel Books, an imprint of Penguin Group.
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Edition: Hardcover
* Purchased on my own.

1 comment:

  1. Short but sweet. I loved Bloodrose too, though it did make me pretty sad. It's sad to see it end, but I thought the ending was pretty perfect too. Glad you enjoyed it :]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...