Monday, December 12, 2011

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

If you haven't read Clockwork Angel yet, I'm going to suggest that you stop reading now. Seriously, I'd prefer not to spoil things--although, if some spoilers don't bother you, feel free to read on.

I've been waiting for Clockwork Prince for quite some time now, having read Clockwork Angel last year and all. It's always a bit odd, coming back to a book in a series and admittedly, it took me a bit to get reacquainted with all of the characters in Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series. Also, the focus of Clockwork Prince really felt like Tessa's relationship with Jem--and Will, but mainly Jem. Yes, they're hunting for Magister, but I felt like it really took a back seat to the romance. (Have I mentioned that I've been Team Jem since Clockwork Angel? Because Clockwork Prince has really reinforced this for me.)

Charlotte is fighting the Lightwoods for control of the London Institute, the pieces are beginning to fall into place for the Magister, and dear Tessa still has no idea just what she is--although there are some terribly interesting tidbits about what she is (in a more general term). As always, Will has the uncanny ability to make me laugh and the banter between Will and Jem is always amusing. Meanwhile, Sophie is showing some serious growth (in my opinion) and I can't wait to see how she progresses in Clockwork Princess! Jessamine on the other hand, well, I'm a bit disappointed in her--but who wouldn't be? Seriously, you'll understand what I'm talking about when you read Clockwork Prince. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't her biggest fan to begin with, but I didn't expect that from her.

Cassandra Clare has done it again and well, I was unable to put Clockwork Prince down! (Also, if Tessa changes her mind about a certain something, I'm going to probably hit my head against my desk!) Would I recommend Clockwork Prince to you? Yes! Granted, of course, I am a huge fan of the Victorian era, enjoy the steampunk elements within the Infernal Devices series, and well, I'm always game for a love triangle.

Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster
Release Date: December 6, 2011
Edition: Hardcover
* Purchased on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...