Monday, November 28, 2011

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

If you haven't read Shatter Me yet, you should definitely do so! By now I'm sure that you've read the summary, but if you haven't, to summarize: Juliet's ability is both a gift and a curse, one that the Reestablishment would love to use against those who would oppose them. But Juliette isn't the monster that they make her out to be and she'll fight for her freedom. (I really need to get better at writing summaries--but I hate giving plot points away.)

Admittedly, it took me a little bit to get used to the fact that some of the words were struck out--on purpose, of course--but once I got over that, I fell in love with Shatter Me. Also, I have a confession to make... I like Warner a little more than I like Adam. Don't get me wrong, I love both of them and the shower scene between Adam and Juliet? Hot--and not nearly as dirty as it sounds. But, I tend to root for the underdog and in this case, it's definitely Warner.

I loved Juliette's world and I'm now filled with questions that only the second book will answer--which does indeed mean that I'm dying for the next book (that doesn't come out until Fall 2012). However, I would not call the ending a cliffhanger as it does bring Shatter Me to a close. Yes, you'll have questions but no, the ending isn't a life ending cliffhanger. On top of this, you'll definitely see why it has an X-Men vibe towards it at the end--but don't you dare skip ahead to find what I mean!

Needless to say, I adored Shatter Me and it's easily one of my favorite reads of 2011. If you're still unsure whether you want to read it or not, I'd definitely suggest that you give it a go. (And now I need to go buy the e-book because I hear it's got some pretty awesome extras!)

Overall Rating: ★★★★★

P.S. Did I forget to mention that--thanks to HarperCollins--I got to meet Tahereh in October!? She's extremely sweet and if you ever get the chance to meet her, definitely do so!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins
Release Date: November 15, 2011
Edition: ARC
* Received for review via publisher.

4 comments:

  1. YES! Shatter Me is AMAZING! I was seriously worried about all the hyper coming into it, but, for me, Shatter Me met and exceeded the hype over and over. The writing! Juliette!

    I'm with you: SO many questions! It has to be my fave release of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book. I really like the cover too, it's beautiful. I don't like her white dress though. But overall, I would pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this a few days ago and i personally loved it! The only bad part is that we now have to wait FOREVER for the sequel!

    Check out my blog/follow me sometime:
    princessoflit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...