Sunday, October 16, 2011

In My Mailbox #24

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi (The Story Siren) and it allows book lovers to show what they've gotten over the week. It can be books bought, borrowed, received for review, etc.

No video this week since I'm pretty much busy all weekend attending events pertaining to the funeral of my grandfather. However, it's been an awesome book for weeks!


For Review:
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
The cover for Everneath is so absolutely stunning that I had to read the synopsis immediately; needless to say, I can't wait to start reading it!

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand 
I actually just finished reading Hallowed and Cynthia Hand definitely does not disappoint! 

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
The idea of there only being a million souls is intriguing and the fact that they're now missing one? Let's just say that I can't wait to find out more about Ana.

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I'm sure by now you know that I love dystopian novels and the summary has me hooked! Admittedly I probably won't understand it completely until I begin reading, but I'm really looking forward to it!

A huge thank you to HarperTeen (and Balzer + Bray) for sending me these books to review!

Bought:
Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter 
I had to get my hands on a copy of this because I really enjoyed Born at Midnight. 

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I've been avoiding reviews on Lola like the plague because I want to read it on my own and hadn't had the time until recently to run out for a copy. I can't wait to start reading it!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This is another book that I've been dying to read and after hearing that it's an absolutely insane read, I can't wait to dive in!
-----

And that, is what was in my mailbox this week! If you're wondering what's underneath all of the books, it's my laptop (ie. that which I do all my work on). Also, today I'm officially twenty-two and my blog is officially a year old! I know I haven't done anything for my blogiversary yet, but I definitely intend to by the end of the month! :) 

So, what did you get in your mailbox this week?

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your grandfather - it's times like that when I feel like having books to escape into is most important.

    Most of these are on my wishlist; they look really good!

    http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I'm super excited for all these. Enjoy and Happy Reading!

    Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Born At Midnight, but both it and Awake at Dawn sound great! I definitely want to read them soon.

    My IMM is here.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Everneath and Under the Never Sky are high up on my list of books I want to read.

    Lola and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer are both great reads. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lola <3 I am 100 percent in love with this book...hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, you have my deepest condolences for your grandfather. I'm very sorry. Even though we've never met, I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    Second, yay for books hopefully making you feel a bit better. Lola is such a happy read, a favorite of mine! Hope you love it =)

    My IMM
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather.

    I really want to read Hallowed! I hope you enjoy it :)

    check out my in my mailbox!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about your grandpa :(

    I reaallyy want to read Lola and the Boy next door!

    Late Night Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! Lola and the Boy Next Door amazing! A fantastic read. I really want to read Incarnate; it has an awesome cover.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Best wishes.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent haul! Hope you're having an excellent weekend, too =)

    My IMM: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox29.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

    I've read Lola and LOVED it. I devoured it in a couple sittings. I hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

    IMM related: I still need to read Anna and Lola *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab set! I can't wait to read Mara Dyer. I loved Lola.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...