Monday, August 15, 2011

Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

Ripple
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Publisher: Razorbill (a part of Penguin Group)
Release Date: July 21, 2011
Edition: Hardcover
* Purchased on my own.


When Lexi turned sixteen, everything changed. After all, on her sixteenth birthday, her boyfriend drowned. And now? Now she can’t sleep at all. She spends her nights swimming at a secluded lake in the hopes of keeping a similar incident from occurring again. But then she finds Cole Hitchings, Steven’s best friend at the lake and once more, things change for her. Now she has a chance to break her curse and live a normal life, if she can bear to give up the one that she’s falling for. 

Ripple isn’t a terribly large book, but oh my goodness did I enjoy it! I loved the occasional flashback to when Steven was alive, how not swimming for a night affected her, and how sweet Cole ends up being to her when they return to school for their senior year of high school. But as much as I love Cole, I’ll have to admit that I really liked Erik too--he’s got stunning eyes and an extremely sexy voice. I mean, what’s not to love, right? 

I’m doing my best to bite my tongue here; as much as I’d love to gush on and on about Ripple, I’ll have to keep my lips zipped here because otherwise? Spoilers. The boys do play a very big role in Ripple and I honestly couldn’t find anything that I didn’t like about the book. I loved that it touched on the lore behind what Lexi is and that things wrapped up so nicely by the time that things came to a close. Would I recommend Ripple to you? Definitely! However, I would like to reiterate that the romance plays a big part in Ripple and that if you don’t like that sort of thing, it might not be for you—although I suppose the only way to know for sure would be to give Ripple a shot!

Overall Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...